"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."
Psalm 127:3-5

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Charleston New Year

I know it is a little late for a New Years post but I'll get it in while its still January:) Enjoy!

Our cousin came to visit from up north so we took her to do some Charleston things…


002

Like, walk the bridge.


009

It was a beautiful day!


013

The USS Yorktown, a WWII aircraft carrier.


015

016 - Copy

The city of Charleston.


020 - Copy

I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

Gen 9:13-16


023 - Copy

027 - Copy

Jen-Jen and Philip.


033

“Look Mom, I’m holding up the bridge!”


039

040

The little island out in the distance is Fort Sumter.


046

A beautiful sunset.


049

All that walking made him thirsty.


055

On New Years day, we took a trip to the beach. It was a little chilly but great fun!


061

The Minnesota girl thought this was great:)


063

What’s a boy without a truck?


065

The higher the better…right?


071

What a big field!


073

Our base of operations.


081

082

“Do you not fear me? declares the LORD. Do you not tremble before me? I placed the sand as the boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail; though they roar, they cannot pass over it.”

Jeremiah 5:22


088

Can you guess who the drama queen is?


092

Two peas in a pod and the third is…trying.


102

Fruit pizza at its best.


104

Uno for all ages!


106

We learned some new crafts.


110

Ready…set…GROUP HUG!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun post. Cousins are awesome aren't they? Love the beach pictures! God bless!!!
    Grace S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emilee! It was great to see your post. I can't wait to follow your blog and get to know you and your family more. Gracie S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We decided to vacation in Charleston for Thanksgiving this year. We had a wonderful time. I love your city and all its wonderful history. Thanks for sharing these photos. We have been to all those places.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete